Affordable Housing Director
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
Housing Program Manager - Posting #25789
Annual Salary: $75,000-$100,000 DOE
Sea Mar seeks a full time Affordable Housing Director to support operations and oversight of Sea Mar’s affordable housing program, which includes 16 active properties and two in development. The Affordable Housing Director will provide a high level of expertise in management, operation and compliance within Sea Mar’s affordable housing programs and will work collaboratively with various Sea Mar departments and external partners to ensure program goals and requirements are met. The successful candidate has a working knowledge and experience with low-income housing tax credit, HUD, and USDA-RD programs, possesses strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrates an ability to lead projects and teams in collaboration with organizational leadership. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven individual who is passionate about housing solutions and is excited to contribute to Sea Mar’s growing program.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide high level expertise in management, operation and compliance of housing programs.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of contracts with funders, complete and accurate and timely reports to funders and ensure compliance with funder agreements.
- Develop and maintain housing policies and procedures in compliance with various housing regulatory requirements.
- Ensure consistent execution of housing policies and procedures across Sea Mar’s housing sites.
- Monitor changes in LIHTC, HUD, and USDA regulations and requirements and implements changes as necessary.
- Work with property managers to ensure all tenant files of all applicable properties are maintained in compliance with regulations.
- Ensure property managers are compliant with annual and interim certifications, unit transfers, and notifications.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for tax credit syndicators and funding sources.
- Participate in LIHTC/HUD/USDA reviews by outside entities. Coordinates responses to ensure thorough, professional and accurate responses are submitted by stated deadlines.
- Perform internal audits of tenant files.
- Possess knowledge of the Federal Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Annual training in these areas is required. Serve as designee to coordinate Section 504 requirements for Sea Mar’s housing programs.
- Assist in planning and development of new Sea Mar housing projects.
- Write and coordinate funding applications and reports, including, but not limited to, tax credit programs and WA Department of Commerce Housing Trust Fund.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with various internal departments to effectively execute tasks.
- Attends trainings as required.
- Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
- Represent Sea Mar in a professional demeanor at all times.
- Develop and manage special projects as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years relevant experience required. Eight years relevant housing experience is acceptable if the candidate does not hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist Certification required within six months of start date.
- Working knowledge of LIHTC programs, and other affordable housing programs in addition to excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Real Page, MINC, Boston Post software or similar systems is highly preferred.
- Ability to make smart and timely decisions in collaboration with guidance from Administration and be highly self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative and collaborative work style.
- Possess strong organizational skills. Must be able to set priorities and multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer literacy skills are essential to this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Bilingual English and Spanish is highly preferred.
- Experience and/or education in working with vulnerable populations or people with disabilities is a plus.
- Ability to exercise quick and accurate judgement, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate effective conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure tasks and projects are implemented in line with organizational strategies.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of:
- Prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid-time-off starting at 27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays.
We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Kristina Hoeschen, Senior VP of Support Services and Chief Compliance Officer at [email protected].
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. You may also apply through our Career page at https://www.seamar.org/jobs-general.html