Medical Assistant Certified
- Vancouver - Fourth Plain, WA
- Full Time
- Program Services-Delivery
- Entry Level
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
Medical Assistant Certified - Posting #23010
Full-time Medical Assistant position available for our Vancouver Fourth Plain Medical Clinic. Ideal candidates will have proven excellent customer services skills, demonstrate an enthusiastic & professional demeanor, and excel at multi-tasking. Medical Assistants are an integral part of the care team; ensuring patient flow and providing quality patient care in a safe and timely manner. This position does not offer benefits.
- Follow protocol in rooming and exiting patients
- Complete all provider referrals for each patient
- Administer injections and distribute oral medications under physicians’ order; perform venipuncture
- Assist the medical provider with charting office visits; ensuring communication and documentation for comprehensive patient care coordination
This is not a full comprehensive list of Duties/Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Requirements:
- Must have Washington State Medical Assistant Certificate.
- Minimum one year experience as an MA Assistant preferred in Family Medicine.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR is required and maintained throughout employment.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Russian preferred.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Rocio Verdin, MA Supervisor at RocioVerdin@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
External candidates considered after 01/19/2022
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.