Sea Mar Community Health Centers was founded in 1978 with a single clinic in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle. Today, Sea Mar is Washington’s largest provider of community-based, comprehensive health care with over 35 medical clinics along the Puget Sound. We are looking for mission driven providers dedicated to serving underserved and diverse communities.
We are looking for a mission driven Nurse Practitioner dedicated to serving underserved and diverse communities. As a Nurse Practitioner you will provide primary medical care services to patients of Sea Mar Community Health Centers in accordance with training, experience, certification, insurance and licensure in a manner consistent with guidelines established in the principles of practice at Sea Mar and its mission statement. As a Nurse Practitioner you will be part of a care team working to provide quality comprehensive services to Sea Mar patients as well as work collaboratively with staff to provide team-based coordinated care.
As a "Float Provider", the Nurse Practitioner may not be based in one primary clinic, however, will fill in in the general King County area within the Sea Mar network as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The nurse practitioner (NP) is part of a care team working to provide quality comprehensive services to Sea Mar patients. The NP will work collaboratively with staff to provide team-based coordinated care.
- The NP provides primary medical care services to patients of Sea Mar Community Health Centers in accordance with training, experience, certification, insurance and licensure in a manner consistent with guidelines established in the principles of practice at Sea Mar and its mission statement.
- The NP may refer patients to medical specialists or other sources of service when necessary.
- The NP prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients according to the individual prescriptive authority granted by the Washington State Board.
- The NP participates in preventive health programs such as immunization, disease detection and disease prevention activities. This includes education programs for patients and community groups in the service areas with the approval of the Medical Director and/or Clinic Manager.
- The NP is expected to participate in clinical affairs, working with administrative personnel, the Medical Director and the Chief Medical Officer to improve the patient care experience.
- The NP provides care for special groups of patients such as those in nursing homes or other institutions when appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree, certified ARNP, licensed in the State of Washington
- Successful completion of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner Program (ARNP). Certified by the appropriate Nursing Certification Board (PNCB, FPNCB).
- A current DEA certificate
- minimum of 3-5 years of experience required
- prior experience in community health is preferred
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Relocation allowance
- 2 medical assistants per provider
- Robust ancillary staff
- Generous paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance
- Dental, medical and vision benefits
- Loan repayment options (all sites have a HPSA score of at least 14)
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and friendly team of compassionate providers!