Sea Mar Community Health Centers was founded in 1978 with a single clinic in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle. Today, Sea Mar is Washington’s largest provider of community-based, comprehensive health care with over 35 medical clinics along the Puget Sound. We are looking for mission driven providers dedicated to serving underserved and diverse communities.
The Medical Director is responsible for coordinating all medical activities of the Sea Mar Community Health Center to which heshe is assigned. The Medical Director participates in the ongoing management of the health center activities by coordinating with the Clinic Manager and/or Administrators and other department heads. In addition, the Medical Director along with the Chief Medical Officer represents the health center in meetings of professional groups, maintaining communication with the medical communities. The Medical Director participates in the provision of medical care services to patients in accordance with training, experience, certification, insurance and licensure in a manner consistent with guidelines established in the principles of practice of Sea Mar and its mission statement. As a provider, the physician will provide primary medical care services to patients of Sea Mar Community Health Centers in accordance with training, experience, certification, insurance and licensure in a manner consistent with guidelines established in the principles of practice at Sea Mar and its mission statement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advise on information system needs; develop, recommend and conduct special studies of operations
- Participate in the periodic review of practice management functions
- Review patient satisfaction surveys, functioning as first-level patient complaint resolution focal point
- Participate in periodic management review by project administration
- Arrange and conduct regular meetings of clinical providers
- Represent clinical management in health center administrative meetings
- provide on-site, daily clinical supervision of staff
- Participate in the development of health risk management protocols
- Advocate for the health center and serve as a liaison to local and state professional societies, health officials, and health training institutions as appropriate
- Support recruitment of clinical team
- Presenting reports on health and quality assurance matters to the board of directors
- As a physician the Medical Director will also work as part of a care team to provide quality comprehensive services to Sea Mar patients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed MD or DO
- Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) approved post-graduate residency; board certification in the appropriate specialty or actively seeking board certification.
- A current DEA certificate
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Experience in patient care management and leadership
- Prior community health experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Relocation allowance
- 2 medical assistants per provider
- Robust ancillary staff
- Generous paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance
- Dental, medical and vision benefits
- Sabbatical leave
- Retirement contribution
- Loan repayment options (all sites have a HPSA score of at least 14)
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and friendly team of compassionate providers!